Thursday, January 29, 2009

Marketing Mindset "Why I Get FREE Coffee Every Time I Enter My Local Cafe"

He's not a slave to his business anymore and that's all because of me... You see… he now goes to work every day because he loves what he does. That's because the storeowner Sergio likes me so much he gives it to me.

Let me explain...

Teaching many clients the secrets about business success that the experts don't want you to know. I've been a business consultant for the last 14 years.

Anyway, one day I was at my local coffee shop enjoying a Chai Vanilla Latte, and I noticed Sergio looking worried with his head buried in a pile of marketing books.

I asked him "what was wrong?" and he said, "His business wasn't going all that well".

He knew that I was a business consultant from previous conversations we'd had and asked me if I had any advice for him.

"Sure!" I said, not wanting my favourite coffee house to disappear completely, I decided to help him out.

I told him that what I taught would probably scare him, because my techniques where not conventional and if he wanted to back out, then this would be the right time to do it.

Afraid of what might become of his business if he didn't take action, he agreed and we got started right away.

Sergio was a great client, open to new ideas and trusted that I could help make a difference. Hey, what did he have to lose? I wasn't charging him a cent, right?

He was a typical business owner; he believed that 'If you build it, they will come'. Most business owners don't realise that 50% of your business success comes from effective marketing.

The other 50% is from distribution and unfortunately this is why most proprietors' work long hours for very little return.

Over time we built up a simple Business system that worked very well for Sergio, so well in fact that he could hire extra staff and actually take some time out.

Reluctantly at first, but his confidence grew with time as his knowledge increased.

He quickly saw the results of our marketing campaigns and didn't realise that advertising needn't be a complete waste of money.

Sergio found that sometimes he had so many customers there simply was no more room in his cafe for them to sit.

Not a bad problem to have, don't you agree?

You see, your business is a direct reflection of your knowledge and the more knowledge you have, the easier it becomes.

Oh by the way, Sergio has opened up his second coffee shop just down the road and guess what? I get free coffee from there too!

Scott Patterson has been involved with marketing for the past 14 years, he has helped many business owners grow their businesses any where up to 600%, using simple but effect marketing strategies that work!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Blackorwhite' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008